* take stock of where we are with ‘managed withdrawal’ from relevant projects
* update ourselves on global project/facility status and developments
* discuss our input into STFC’s ‘science roadmap’
* discuss our future strategy given possibly tight funding scenarios
The format of the meeting will be a series of short update talks, with discussion time, followed by a longer general discussion.
- How should we progress the field in the UK given the funding landscape post-prioritisation? Should we be seeking in the medium/long term to reinstate funding to specific areas which lost out in the prioritisation, or should we follow the broad direction it set until the science cases change?
- How should our roadmap evolve in light of political / scientific changes over the past year?
- How should the community respond to a scenario of still further cuts to the field? In that event, how would we wish such cuts to be implemented?
EVO connection details.
Title: PPAP conference Birmingham
Description: Community Review of Particle Physics Programme
Meeting Access Information:
- Meeting URL
- Password: ppap
British Summer Time (+0100)
Start 2010-07-05 09:00
End 2010-07-05 19:00
We have timed the meeting to optimise the opportunity for travel on the day, but in case anyone needs accommodation please find possibilities below:
Hotels (listed below) are in the City Centre and are within walking distance of New Street Train Station There are regular local trains to the University Station which is on the Longbridge Line (2nd stop from New Street)
Hotel Ibis 0121 622 4925 approx cost £45-£65 http://www.ibishotel.com/gb/hotel-2092-ibis-birmingham-holloway-circus/index.shtml
Hotel Ibis 0121 622 6010 approx cost £45-£65 http://www.ibishotel.com/gb/hotel-1459-ibis-birmingham-city-centre/index.shtml
Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre 0870 400 7232 approx cost £55-£70 Holiday Inn Express 0870 400 7232 approx cost £45-£65 http://www.hiexpress.co.uk
Ramada Birmingham 0121 643 9344 approx cost £60-£85 http://tinyurl.com/ndz96t
In case of difficulties contact:
Secretary to Particle Physics & HiROS Groups School of Physics and Astronomy University of Birmingham BIRMINGHAM
Phone:(+44) 121 414 4628
Fax: (+44) 121 414 6709
Monday - Wednesday (8.45 - 14.15)
Planning for the next CSR
PPAN perspective and the science roadmap
Review of grants
LHC upgrade planning
GPD/UK upgrade planning
Update on flavour facilities status
Update on neutrino facilities status
Update on non-accelerator experiments status
Other energy frontier facilities, and discussion of input into PPAN science roadmap