The purpose of this workshop is to bring together key people from the dark matter phenomenology, astrophysics, simulations and experimental communities to review recent progress on the determination of the local dark matter distribution, discuss open problems and chart a way forward.
To facilitate the interaction between participants we plan to have a limited number of talks followed by in depth discussion.
We will focus on a small number of areas/projects including:
- Local dark matter velocity distribution
- Local dark matter density
- Galactic escape speed
- Milky Way mass profile
- Stellar and dark matter substructures from Gaia and simulations
- Direct detection phenomenology
**** IMPORTANT ****
The meeting will take place in two different locations (due to space limitations), please check the timetable and the following map to find the right room!
- 10 am - 12:30 pm: Van Mildert College, Ustinov room
- 2:15 pm - 6 pm: IPPP, OC218