YTF is committed to creating an environment where everyone feels safe, regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, nationality, disability, physical appearance or religion. We will not tolerate harassment of participants in any form.
- All participants are expected to behave professionally: be considerate, inclusive, respectful and collaborative.
- Harassment and sexist, racist or exclusionary comments or jokes are not appropriate.
- Harassment includes sustained disruption of talks or other events, sexual attention or innuendo, deliberate intimidation, stalking, and photography or recording of an individual without consent.
- It also includes offensive or belittling comments related to age, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, nationality, disability, physical appearance or religion.
- All communication should be appropriate for a professional audience including people of many different backgrounds. Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate.
If you observe someone making you or anyone else feel unsafe, unwelcome or uncomfortable, please tell them so, and remind them of the Code of Conduct. If you are at all hesitant about addressing the person yourself, report it as soon as possible to a member of the YTF Committee in any way you feel comfortable. This can be by: speaking in person to the Code of Conduct Officer or any other member of the Committee (we will be wearing YTF T-Shirts), emailing or messaging any member of the Committee, emailing DurhamYTF@gmail.com or using our anonymous contact form. The Committee is committed to addressing and resolving the matter to the best of their abilities. Please explain what happened and who was involved so that we can investigate. We will respect your confidentiality at all times. Attendees violating the above guidelines may be asked to leave the event at the sole discretion of the organizers.
Thank you for your participation in YTF, and your efforts to keep our conference welcoming, respectful, and friendly for all participants!
Code of Conduct Officer: Mia West.