Sep 5 – 17, 2021
Europe/London timezone

Travel expense claims

STFC-funded and self-supported students may claim their travel and subsistence expenses back directly from STFC.  To do this, you need to complete a claim form (these are linked to the overview page on INDICO).  There are two forms, one for UK bank accounts and the other for overseas accounts.  Please make sure you use the correct one.

To submit your claim, please send your completed and signed claim form, along with scanned copies of your receipts, to  Claims will not be processed until the school is over.  Please do not submit your claim to STFC until the school is over.

Please note that your claim can include subsistence expenses, for example, any meals that you have to purchase yourself because the school was not able to provide them.

Students funded by other sources will have to claim their expenses from their home institute or sponsor.  If you are unsure who will cover your expense claims, please discuss this with your PhD supervisor.